The key to staying motivated is finding something you enjoy, which is why we offer a huge range of classes for all ages and fitness levels at Macleod Recreation and Fitness Centre.
We hold over 80 classes every week in our group fitness rooms, with a variety of exercise intensity and styles. Classes range from 15 to 55 minutes in duration. Casual visitors are welcome.
Explore our group fitness class descriptions below to find one that's right for you.
Our Active Movers classes are designed to suit all ages and abilities, including our older adult members. The classes are low impact designed for older adults, encompassing a range of strength, cardio and flexibility exercises.
Adrenaline is a structured workout that is designed to push you to your limits to help you achieve your results FAST. Adrenaline involves a combination of Functional Training & High Intensity Interval Training. In adrenaline there is a massive emphasis on teaching movements, doing the workout, then beating your own score.
A pre-choreographed weights to music class using plates and barbells. One of the most popular classes in the world! If you don’t have time to do your own weights program, step right up to this class and enjoy exhilarating total body workout! BodyPump™ Express is a 30 minute format.
Boxing classes encompass both the technical aspects of boxing, along with core strengthening exercises. You will learn boxing skills such as correct form in throwing jabs, hooks and uppercuts, whilst working at an intense pace.
A demanding whole body workout using the kettlebell in a variety of dynamic movements to build strength, stamina and improve flexibility and joint strength.
A mat-based class that focuses on improving balance, flexibility, coordination, and core strength through the fundamental principles of Pilates.
A 30-minute class combining the TRX suspension trainer with other functional exercises to improve your movement patterns, build strength, flexibility, balance and core stability.
Recharge, revitalize and relax with Yoga. Allow your spine to become stronger and learn how to strengthen posture and improve flexibility.
- Please be early, late entry is not permitted
- Be prepared with your workout gear, towel and water bottle
- Be respectful and supportive of your fellow participants and our talented instructors
- Be upfront with your instructor about any physical limitations or injuries you may have, especially if you're pregnant
- Let the instructor know if it’s your first time in a fitness class
- The minimum age to attend group fitness is 13 years
- The minimum age to attend Adrenaline HIT is 18 years
- If you need to leave early, do so in a way that won’t impact others or the flow of the class
- Please put your equipment away after the class
How to join a class
Members can pre book group fitness classes 24 hours in advance. In person, by phone or via SMS up to one hour before class time. SMS booking - 0458 388 149.
Even if you're not a member, you are still welcome to join our classes.
- Collect a ticket from customer service
- Ticket collection opens 90 minutes and closes five minutes before the class start time
- One ticket per person, per class, until all tickets are allocated
- Hold onto your ticket until the instructor collects it.
Group Fitness Class $17.90 Group Fitness Class - Concession $14.40 Active Adults classes (50+)*
Active Adults (50+) 10 Classes*
*Access to our Active Adults classes. Includes Active Movers, Hatha Yoga, Lift for Life, Fitter For Life, Tone and Zumba.